So, I think it’s appropriate that I announce the decision she has helped me make today: The Charming and yours truly are going on a temporary leave of absence.
It’s been a whirlwind past couple of months and I feel like I’m only just now starting to catch my breath. Between my dad and now my grandfather’s health, getting this whole motherhood thing down, my marriage needing some TLC, and my work/life balance, some things have needed to be shifted around. And at the end of the day, my daughter still has to come first.
I love blogging. I love this wonderful community.
I have so many plans, hopes, and dreams for the blog. My husband even knows how much I have a passion for this “hobby” of mine. However, the last thing I want to do is – pardon my french – half-ass the dreams and plans I have for my blog.
So, I’m going to take a few months to get my act together before I come back and full force and in the meantime, I’m going to take one day at a time. I don’t want to miss these incredible moments I have with my daughter, I want to make sure I fully devote the necessary time to my family and friends, I want to get back into the swing of things at my job – one that I am so thankful for every time I go to work, and also somehow make sure I take the me time that I need for my own sanity.
During my leave of absence from www.thecharmingblog.com, I will use my Instagram account as a “microblog” to continue showing glimpses into my life, share things I learn, and try to connect with all of you. So, I encourage you to follow along there, say hello, and we’ll keep in touch via IG.
Some of my most popular posts for you to read while I’m gone:
- Getting Started with Blogging
- Make Your Sidebar More Reader-Friendly
- Using CoSchedule for Your Blog
- Using a Tablet
- How I Switched from Blogger to WordPress
- Using Google Calendar as Your Editorial Calendar
- What I’ve Learned from Blogging So Far
- Using PicMonkey to Create a Blog Button
- Homemade Dog Food
- How to: Green Smoothies
- Review of the Dell XPS 13 Laptop
- Apps to Improve Your Life
- 9 Ways I Cut the Cord with My Cable Provider
- Ways to Learn Your Spouse Better
- 31 Questions for Married People — Answered